Sunday, June 12, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal -- June 12, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


Places I'm going...
Somehow, once again, I got fooled into thinking, "When summer gets here, everything will slow down and we won't be running around so much." Once again, I was wrong. This week, Brennan will be going to Cub Scout Day camp and Addison has what seems like a never-ending list of Youth Group activities at church. Lauren is still not quite recovered enough from her bout with pneumonia to go back to her regular therapy sessions (PT, OT, and Speech). She was very happy to be allowed to go back to church this morning, and she's looking forward to a trip to the library tomorrow or Tuesday.

This weekend, we're taking a very quick trip to Nashville. We need to help shuttle Addison back from one trip in time to perform in her chorus concert Sunday evening. We're very excited to be going, though, and look forward to worshipping with some old friends of ours.

Things I'm working on...
I was still knitting quite a bit this week, especially while I was reading Junie B. Jones books to Lauren. I was happy with the crocheted baby hats I finished in various sizes, but I decided that the latest pair of socks is not going to fit well at all. Someday I'll gather enough strength to frog them. I need to finish up the last bits and pieces of a few things, and then I can start on a new sweater (for me).

When I wasn't sitting on the couch, I was working on what's probably best referred to as "Late Spring" Cleaning. I still hadn't gotten everything back to a reasonable semblance of order after Lauren's hospital stay. It look a lot better now. The dining room and kitchen floors are particularly sparkling -- between a dropped baby bottle Friday night and I dropped glass Saturday night, I mopped the whole are three times in just over 24 hours.

Books I'm reading...
I'm still working on The Color of Light by Karen White; I think I might have gotten to chapter three. I think the book will be great, but I haven't sat down (by myself) very much lately. I may actually set that book aside to read some books by Alexander McCall Smith. My mother-in-law brought the first two books in The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency series for Addison and I to enjoy. Yesterday I was happy to find Ken Ham's Already Compromised book about Christian colleges in my mailbox. I also want to learn more about digital photography, and I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of Lauren's language arts curriculum for next year. I can't wait to dig into the teacher's materials for that. So much to read, so little time...

A quote, a video, a link or pic to share...
One of Brennan's last baseball games of the season:



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...