Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - 2

The Homeschool Chick

In my life this week...
I just realized that this question asked about "my" life, not everything else that's going on. This week, I've continued to stay on track with my Bible readings (B90), and I've also enjoyed reading Jodi Picoult's book House Rules. I added in a few extra runs this week, and I'll finish the month of January with 37.5 miles toward my goal of 365.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
Brennan's having a birthday party with his friends this Friday night... a sleepover party. He's invited eleven boys, all are about 10 years old. If I don't post next weekend, send out a search party (or send money for bail).

My favorite thing this week was our sneak peek of Spring. We had several absolutely gorgeous afternoons spent outside playing basketball, roller skating, jumping on the trampoline, and even washing my van.

What's working or not working for us...
Brennan and I are really loving the Zombie Fire Ants study that we started this week. I just purchased some of the other Curiosity Files studies. It's a nice fun break that we both needed.

Addison still isn't enjoying her Eastern Hemisphere Explorer. Actually, not enjoying is a big understatement. I think I need to figure out what can be done to salvage the rest of the year.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
I've been noticing lately that I'm a lot less worried about keeping up or finishing such-and-such. I'm more concerned about continued progress, especially progress and practice in the areas my children need most. For instance, I haven't given up on history, but I realize that perhaps my most important goal this year isn't to make sure I finish covering American History before summer.

A photo to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...