Monday, January 24, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - 1

Today I stumbled across a fun new idea that a few of my blogger friends were participating in. So many homeschool moms are so busy doing things that the little things about homeschool aren't ever recorded. I'm know that I'm guilty of only remembering the big things (and not even remembering all of the big things). The Homeschool Chick posted a series of simple questions that can be used to journal the everyday (and not so everyday) homeschool happenings.

In our homeschool this week...
We have a few new review products to try. Of note, Lauren is starting a computerized reading program. Right now, she's still working on the lessons to help familiarize her with the keyboard. Addison started an online computer science class on Tuesday and enjoyed getting to compete with other homeschool students to see what they had learned.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
Lauren has a cardiology check-up on Thursday. What a blessing it is that these visits are now three months apart!

My favorite thing this week was...
When Tim was home from work last Monday, he joined me on my afternoon run. It challenged me to pick up my pace a bit. I think the average pace was almost a minute faster than I usually run. We remembered the last time that we ran together was probably about 6 or 7 years ago. I whined a lot more back then.

What's working or not working for us...
Addison has been trying a new online math program. This week's assignments proved to be quite a challenge. She pressed on and I was quite impressed with her mathematical skill as she tackled the problems that were harder than usual. A few years ago, I struggled with the decision to switch math programs. I think I made the right decision; it definitely gave her the strong math understanding that she needs now and later in her studies.

Homeschool questions or thoughts I have...
Now that Lauren is officially 5, I've been thinking about Kindergarten materials. I even pulled out some of our beginning reading materials that were tucked away in the attic. I'm not in a hurry to start things, but I'm thinking.

A photo to share...
I probably won't share a photo every week, but I have an extra that didn't get included in yesterday's 365 post.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...