Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Defining Moment

Several people have been bugging me to start my own blog. For several days, my excuse was that I needed to come up with the "perfect name" and then I'd set it up. Finally, my family all sat around the table after lunch and kept suggesting things while I checked to see if they were available.

Then my excuse became that I couldn't figure out where to start. I was reminded of The Sound of Music, "When you read, you begin with A, B, C. When you sing, you begin with Do, Re, Mi." I guess when you start blogging, you start with a Defining Moment.

Every few years, our church puts on a production called Defining Moments when people talk about times in their lives when they have seen God at work. Darla suggested to Tim that we tell Lauren's story. I guess, though, it's more "our" story than just Lauren's.

For everyone that wasn't able to attend the performances live (and for those that wish to see it again), I'm sharing our "just in case" version. In the performances, Tim and I did the narration live. I was worried that something might come up (i.e. a last minute hospital stay) and we wouldn't be able to be there one of the nights. This was our "back-up" and the one that we've kept to share. It's roughly eight minutes long, and I'd recommend finding a couple of kleenex before you push the play button.

Like I said, it's one of my Defining Moments and it's as good a place to start as any.

10 comments:

  1. Cristi, I'm so glad you posted that video. I wasn't able to make it to the Defining Moments when it was shown and was so disappointed to miss it. Our family continues to pray for you daily. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristi,
    BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME! I believe He has already prepared a way for you. Part of God's family,the Pitman church of Christ, nearby to CHOP (Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania), will want to minister to you. My husband, Steve, is one of the ministers. Quite a few of our members have had children in CHOP over the years. Steve and I have had 3 children with difficult health challenges who have been in and out of hospitals. I also have two family members who have had heart transplants. You can get to know a little about our church family at www.cochrist.org OR at my blog http://momstransformed.blogspot.com
    We will see you soon! Because of Jesus, We are family, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration! Your faith is so strong and you have shown what a gift it is to "have a ring side seat" of this sort to God at His best!!!
    My husband Greg & I are members at the Pitman church of Christ. Please know that we will be praying for you and your family and will be in touch through Steve Sikes and the church office as to what we can help you with.
    May God keep His miracles up with your family!!!
    Because of Jesus we are family! (as Patti always says!)
    Linda Krinks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to finally see the story behind the little girl. I'm so sorry that little Lauren has had to endure this trial,but I'm so thankful that she has you and Tim to love and provide for her. Many prayers will go up from Michigan for you guys as you face this giant.

    God is good.
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful testimony of how the Lord is working in all your lives! Thank you for sharing it!
    God bless
    Heather Laurie
    www.LaurieFamilyMinistries.org
    www.specialneedshomeschooling.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was finally able to watch the video. What an amazing story and an awesome eye witness testimony for Jesus. Thank you for sharing your story and giving us all hope and tenacity to never give up on the power of prayer.

    God's Blessings
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to get to view this video. We keep up with her progress some through FBC Valdosta.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember you sharing this last crew year....what a wonderful story of God's Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was definitely a great way to start.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...