Thursday, March 11, 2010

Guest blogger and her first book review



I said the other day that Addison was an avid reader, especially if we're talking about reading anything unrelated to schoolwork. She also drives a hard bargain. Earlier this week she agreed to write a review of her current favorite series of books, but only if it counted as her writing assignment for the day. I proposed a counter-offer that it would count as a writing assignment if it was written well enough for me to post on my blog.

Artemis Fowl is a series by Eoin Colfer about a boy genius. He wants gold, and will do anything to acquire it. He kidnaps a fairy elf, Holly Short of the LEPrecon, and demands the ransom fund. After the first book he makes friends with Holly, and they save the fairy world from Opal Koboi, an insane pixie criminal mastermind. Artemis Fowl is fantasy, but it’s not completely unbelievable. It’s also a bit depressing at points, but it’s still a good story. One of my friends told me to read it, and I loved it. We’re really excited about when the last one will come out this summer, and I can’t wait to read it. These books are amazing!


I look forward to being able to share more of her book reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...