I'm Cristi, and I'm going to combine my introduction post with five facts about me to make it a Random 5 on Friday post.
1. I started this blog a little over four years ago. It was originally a way to chronicle my youngest daughter's time in the hospital while she waited for a heart transplant. Her fourth "new strong heart birthday" is in July and she is doing great these days!
2. This year I'm homeschooling a 9th grade girl (Addison), a 6th grade boy (Brennan), and a 1st grade girl (Lauren). I spend much of our days reading aloud, checking Algebra homework, and researching new curriculum options.
3. I cook nearly all of our food from scratch. I avoid gluten and all dairy products. Lauren has eosinophilic esophagitis and is on an elimination diet. She cannot have any milk, eggs, wheat, soy, fish, or nuts.
4. Tomorrow is Day 83 of my latest Bible in 90 Days challenge. Somehow our schedule got messed up a little, and we'll finish in less than 90 Days. I hope to be reading the final verses of Revelation when I'm sitting in the waiting room during Lauren's occupational therapy session tomorrow.
5. For the past three years, I've been reviewing homeschool products with the Schoolhouse Review Crew (part of The Old Schoolhouse). I love getting to try new materials and finding out more about what works for my kids. More importantly, I love the support and camaraderie I've found among my fellow crew members.
A special thank you for anyone stopping by from the Ultimate Blog Party. I look forward to making lots of new friends this week.